Thursday, July 24, 2008

CHANGES Going on HERE - Please Be Patient

I am in the process of changing the way all our blogs are handled by Blogger. This is uncharted territory for me, even though many people have long since made these same types of changes. At least I have found a very helpful person on the Blogger Help Board (not connected with Blogger), who has clear instructions on what to do.

It's one of those "things will have to get worse before they get better" sorts of situations, so don't be surprised if you can't find our Lost Toy Search Service, this Yesterday's Memories, or my Parkinson's blog (renamed to Day by Day with a Movement Disorder)off and on for the next week or so. Once all the domain changes have been made I will have to change lots of links and URLs to match the new me.

I might as well join the 21st Century, eh?

I will be glad when this whole process is a YESTERDAY's MEMORY!!!!

6 comments:

Marshamlow said...

I am pretty good with blogger and web design and development since that is what I am studying in school. I am more than happy to help out if you get stuck. I love this kind of thing anyways.

Rosemary said...

So far so good, MM! Actually, the Blogger change was the easy part. Reworking all the links within the dirtybutter domain and changing all the blog exchange, forum, email sigs, etc. - THAT'S the TIME CONSUMING part.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the link and the kind words! I look forward to checking out your blog and EBay site -

Rosemary said...

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts, Lidian. I think you are going to jog my memory a lot!!!

Naomi said...

Best of luck Rosemary. I recently had to upgrade my template on Blogger and it caused endless problems. I lost some of my links and am still in the process of getting some of them back.

P.S. Hope you are keeping well. This visit is long overdue.

Rosemary said...

Sorry to hear Blogger caused you problems, too! Actually, the Blogger change was easy, but all the other things that had to be changed to reflect the new URL's has been extremely time consuming. I am still finding forum profiles and links that need to be corrected.